Location: Flexible within the UK with the ability to travel to London for team, candidate and client meetings as well as industry events on a regular basis.
We are looking for a highly motivated and self-confident individual to serve as a Business Development Associate providing in-house outbound sales assistance to our business developers. In this role, the Associate will be tasked with creating early-stage opportunities at the top of the sales funnel for two of our group entities – Swann (senior executive search) and Skein (consulting and advisory) – and supporting our senior business development team with setting meetings.
This is a critical role within the organisation, and will work closely with senior members of the group’s management team.
The role offers significant opportunities for advancement and personal/professional development, and the successful candidate is expected to transition to more and more senior Business Development positions over time.
The candidate will be:
- Commercially savvy
- Well-organised and attentive to detail
- Comfortable communicating with senior (executive and board-level) clients over the telephone and in writing
- Self-confident and articulate
- Driven by targets, but collegiate
Key responsibilities will include:
- Regular communication with internal stakeholders to understand their target markets, sales strategy and value propositions.
- Original desktop research to map out key markets and target clients for Swann and Skein globally.
- Generating leads and identifying contact details for key individuals at target companies.
- Outreach and qualification of leads via phone, email or other appropriate methods.
- Setting and coordinating meetings for the group’s senior business developers with qualified leads.
- Appropriately managing the outbound process using the Group’s shared CRM and assisting senior business developers with effective use of the system.
- Continual review of the Group’s CRM and other existing databases to ensure that leads are properly recycled. This includes historic contacts, clients and candidates of the Group who have ‘gone cold’.
- Being aware of, and contributing to, the Group’s other (inbound) lead generation processes, including our social media, thought leadership, conference presentation and events programmes
We are looking for someone who is prepared to grow within our organisation and is willing to be coached and developed.
The Business Development Associate will:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and will be self-driven
- Enjoy communicating on a global level, and be good at it
- Enjoy a challenge
- Be ambitious but highly collaborative
- Be incredibly responsible, recognising they are the outward face of two brands
- Be resilient, flexible and have a great sense of humour
- Have demonstrated experience in a B2B sales role working towards targets
- Have experience working with a CRM
- Ideally have fluency in Spanish, but this is not critical
- Have 2+ years’ professional experience
- Be comfortable working in a hybrid model
Please complete the form below. If we think you’ll be a good fit for the Swann Group, we’ll be in touch to arrange an initial informal chat with a member of our recruitment team.